The Metabolic Syndrome Program
Big Belly? High Body Mass Index? High Blood Pressure?
If this sounds like you, you may be one of the millions of North Americans with Metabolic Syndrome. Predicted by medical experts as the likely number one risk factor for heart disease-Metabolic Syndrome, or MSX, describes a constellation of conditions, including those mentioned above, of which the body' resistance to insulin is a primary feature. A byproduct of obesity, 25 percent of the adult U.S. population is now estimated to have MSX.
The Metabolic Syndrome Program offers readers a sensible lifestyle-based approach to treating MSX. One of the first books to name and address this condition, The Metabolic Syndrome Program outlines a realistic plan of treatment-without magic pills or quick-fixes to a growing and little-known threat to public health.
The Metabolic Syndrome Program includes:
- Facts about MSX, the risk factors associated with it and its impact on your overall health
- The role of nutrition in combating MSX
- The truth about fats, carbs and proteins and the balance needed to maintain optimal health
- All the latest research on insulin resistance, Type 2 Diabetes, hypertension and Cardiovascular disease-the worst outcomes of metabolic syndrome
- Detailed information on natural supplements that can be used to combat the risk factors of MSX
- Recipes and meal plans that will help you make the immediate lifestyle changes required if you are one of the millions at risk for MSX
"Karlene Karst has done an excellent job outlining the
seriousness of obesity and insulin resistance, and their ensuing
complications,while providing a nutrition and lifestyle action plan
to help you get back to the basics of good health."
--Sam Graci, author of the Path to Phenomenal Health and The Food Connection
"The Metabolic Syndrome Program provides an effective
comprehensive solution by detailing a clear, rational approach to a
--Michael T. Murray, N.D., co-author of the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine