Table of Contents
- 1: Handbook of Sports Medicine and Science Swimming (cite)
- 7: Contents
- 8: List of contributors (cite)
- 9: Foreword by the IOC (cite)
- 10: Foreword by FINA (cite)
- 11: Preface
- 13: 1 Energy systems (cite)
- 32: 2 Central adaptations: heart, blood, and lung (cite)
- 47: 3 Peripheral adaptations: the skeletal muscles (cite)
- 63: 4 The mechanics of swimming (cite)
- 71: 5 Resistance and propulsion (cite)
- 114: 6 Psychology (cite)
- 127: 7 Medical issues related to swimming (cite)
- 140: 8 Training and testing of competitive swimmer (cite)
- 157: Index
Outright: £49.50 - buy
Book citation, or cite by chapter from the link in the Table of Contents.
Joel Stager; David Tanner
MEDICAL / Sports Medicine
The long awaited new edition of Swimming updates the highly successful first edition edited by Costill, Maglishco and Richardson which was published in the early 1990s. The Second Edition contains less material on how to swim and more on the physics of swimming. It contains information on the latest methods of analyzing swim performances.
It presents current sports science knowledge specifically relevant to coaching swimmers at club, county or national level. Covering characteristics of swimming including important concepts in propulsion, functional anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, biomechanics and psychology.
The Handbooks of Sports Medicine and Science present basic clinical and scientific information in a clear style and format as related to specific sports events drawn from the Olympic Summer and Winter Games. Each Handbook is written by a small team of authorities co-ordinated by an editor who has international respect and visibility in the particular sport activity. Their charge is to present material for medical doctors who work with athletes, team coaches who have academic preparation in basic science, physical therapists and other allied health personnel, and knowledgeable athletes. Each volume represents up-to-date information on the basic biology of the sport, conditioning techniques, nutrition, and the medical aspects of injury prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Search inside this book:
This book is included in the following collections:
Buy this eBook
Please note that all prices exclude VAT, which will be applied to all UK orders