The Canadian Type 2 Diabetes Sourcebook (Wiley)
Table of Contents
Please wait, loading table of contents...
This book has been withdrawn from sale at the publisher's request.
M. Sara Rosenthal
HEALTH & FITNESS / General
The Most Trustworthy Source for Canadians with Type 2 Diabetes
Trusted by Canadian doctors and patients for over ten years, The Canadian Type 2 Diabetes Sourcebook is the only medically researched guidebook that allows you to learn about diabetes directly from the experts. This one-stop resource provides everything you need to know about managing Type 2 diabetes, creating the best health care team for you, and understanding the latest medical advice. Updated and aligned with the most recent clinical guidelines, this new edition covers the most up-to-date medications, lifestyle recommendations, and treatment options, with entirely new information about pediatric Type 2 diabetes.
- Diabetes basics-the what, who, and why
- Creating your diabetes health care team
- Testing your blood sugar and managing the highs and lows
- What to eat and how to maintain a healthy diet, including low glycemic eating
- The role of active living
- Diabetes medications (revised and updated to reflect the latest Canadian clinical guidelines)
- Special circumstances and risk factors: pregnancy and fertility, menopause, aging, and obesity
- The unique challenges faced by Aboriginal Canadians
- Complications and how to prevent them: heart disease, nerve damage, vision problems, kidney damage, circulatory problems, and more
- A comprehensive list of resources to help you along every step of the way
- All new information about pediatric Type 2 diabetes
Search inside this book:
This book is included in the following collections:
Please note that all prices exclude VAT, which will be applied to all UK orders